Team Info & Calendar
SEASON 2020 IMPORTANT DATES
- Thursday, Feb 27 - Bowl n Bounce Sharks Party/FUNdraiser from 5:00-8:00pm (drop-in)
- Sunday, Mar 8 - Registration Day @ RHCC from 3-5 PM
The following events have been cancelled for 2020 due to COVID-19.
- Sunday, May 3 - Kick-off Party @ RHCC Pool 5:00-7:00pm
- Monday, May 4 - Practice begins for all age groups (see practice info for specifics)
- Thursday, May 28 - Buddy Practice & Parent Training
- Monday, June 1 - Practice Meet (@ River Hills Pool)
- Saturday, June 6 - "Tri-Meet" @ Rock Hill Aquatic Center (Sharks vs. Rock Hill vs. Lancaster. 9am start)
- Monday, June 8 - Swim meet vs. Lake Wylie Gators @ River Hills pool (run as "home" meet for the Gators)
- Tuesday, June 9 - 11 & up special event - dinner at pool w/ Coach Mandy
- Thursday, June 11 - Swim meet vs. Tega Cay @ River Hills (home meet)
- Monday, June 15 - Swim meet vs. Baxter YMCA @ River Hills (home meet)
- Tuesday, June 16 - 11 & up special event - dinner at pool w/ Coach Mandy
- Saturday, June 20 - Finale Meet (@ Rock Hill Aquatic Center)
- June 23 - Team Banquet 5:00-8:00pm @ River Hills Clubhouse/Event Lawn
Practices days are Monday - Thursday, with Friday practice as a make-up. Please have your swimmer ready (cap and goggles on) 5 minutes before practice starts. The 2020 practice schedule is not yet finalized, but here's what it looked like last year.
2019 Practice Schedule
6 & Under 4:00 - 4:45pm
7-10 yo 4:45 - 5:30pm (Group 1)
7-10 yo 5:30 - 6:30pm (Group 2)
11-12 yo 6:30 - 7:30pm
13-18 yo 7:30 - 8:30pm
Friday's practice is considered optional and is for anyone who either missed a practice during the week or just wants more pool time. Please sign in upon arrival to receive attendance credit.
2020 Friday Make-up Practice Schedule
10 & Under 4:00 - 5:00pm
11 & Up 5:00 - 6:00pm
FEES for 2020 SEASON
We are pleased to be able to offer the following rates for the 2020 summer swim season:
- Sharks Team Fee:
- $120 for your 1st swimmer
- $90ea for 2nd & 3rd swimmers
- $75ea for 4th+ swimmers
- Team T-Shirt and swim cap included in team fee
- RHCC Pool Fees:
- Club Members: No additional fee
- Non-club Members have 2 options:
- Sharks Membership: $100 (Pool access for Sharks Swim Season only - "kickoff" thru June 30)
- Summer Pool Membership: $300 (Pool access all summer - Sharks Swim Season thru Labor Day)
- Other Fees:
- Team suit (cost varies)
- Goggles (cost varies)
- Volunteer opt-out fee: $75
Team information is communicated via 3 main channels: email, website and "remind" text. If you are not receiving emails or text messages, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
TEXT COMMUNICATION: Texts are typically sent as a general reminder about an upcoming event/meet or in "last-minute" weather related cancellations/uncertainties. This is a one-way group text. Keep in mind that replies are only seen by one of our volunteers, who will do her best to help you, but is only a parent, just like you.
Directions for being added to text communication for our 2020 season will be posted here.
Check back for information on 2020 team apparel!
END OF SEASON BANQUET
Our season culminates in an End of Season Banquet & Awards following the Finale Meet. This year's banquet will be held on Tuesday, June 23, 2020 from 5:00-8:00pm. Swimmers will be recognized for their hard work all season long and get to celebrate their success together. Trophies, ribbons, "100 Point Club" towels and more are given out, as our coaches host this event on the River Hills Country Club lawn.
For those of you swimming in the off season or looking to improve your technique, click here to see videos for all areas of swimming.