Practice Meet & Team Photo
Monday, June 3rd will be our Practice Meet & Team Photo. Please have your swimmer wear their team suit.
Here is a quick rundown of what to expect...
- Parking: Please plan on parking at the upper lot. The lower (pool) parking lot will be closed as our team will need to occupy part of the parking lot.
- Team Picture: We will have the entire picture taken before the meet. We need everyone to arrive at 4:00pm so that we can start the pictures promptly at 4:30pm. For more information about pictures, please click here.
- Practice Meet Timeline:
- 5:00pm - Warm-ups (time is approximate, will begin immediately following team photo)
- 5:15pm - Volunteer Check-in (more info below)
- 5:45pm - Practice Meet Begins! Please click here for tips on how to prepare.
- During the meet:
- Team Joan vs Team Buddy - To make it a little more fun for the kids, we have split the group into 2 teams (Team "Joan" and Team "Buddy") You will see which team your swimmer belongs to posted in the hall by the restrooms.
- Swimmers will sit together as a team. Parents will check their kids in with their respective the team parents prior to warm-ups so remember to allow time for this. Please pack cap, goggles, towels, team gear, extra clothing, seating (8 & Unders - extra towel, 9 & older - small chair), snacks, and games/iPads for entertainment.
- Swimmers should remain in the team section until they are done with their events. Parents must check swimmers out with team parents before they can leave. Please label all of your child's belongings!
- Parents, feel free to bring folding chairs for seating on the pool deck.
- Visit the Concessions Stand! Tracy does quite the spread! CASH only. Click here to see the menu.
- Volunteer check-in will begin at 5:15 pm on the pool deck, with Jessica Neely. If you don't have your volunteer assignment yet, this is the time and place to get it. Click here to see if you are signed up for and any open positions that we have.
- All of our meets are "All hands on deck" events. We need all of our parents to chip in whenever possible to help each meet run smoothly and to help ensure a good experience for our kiddos.
- Please keep in mind our volunteers are also "practicing" at our Practice Meet. We have a lot of brand new parents who have never experienced a swim meet before, as well as veteran swim parents in brand new roles this year. Each job is unique with its own learning curve. There is so much that must go on behind the scenes to organize and run each swim meet. Remember to please have patience and show grace to our volunteers who spend many unpaid hours to help make swim team a great experience for our children.
- Event Entries and Heat Sheets for the practice meet are linked below. Please print and bring your own (scroll down).
- Buddies: Please be on the lookout for your buddy. Hopefully everyone has had time to get in touch with his or her buddies. This will be our first meet and your first chance to cheer for your buddies. No buddy gifts!
Inclement Weather Note
We will make every attempt to have the meet. The forecast as of now looks good, fingers crossed! If rain is in the forecast, you might consider packing umbrellas, rain gear, extra towels and warm clothing for swimmers. We will follow the inclement weather policy found here. And send any updates via text messages as it gets closer to the start of the meet.
Heat Sheet and Event Entries: